Best Sellers

Friday, February 24, 2012

Things I'm Excited About




The first thing I am excited about is that Catch Me by Lisa Gardner (see Jan 26th blog) has made the New York Times bestseller list. I really like that book. It caught my interest, kept me reading, and I cared about the characters. There comes a point where you are unsure of the main character. You care about her and don't want her to be the murderer but......that possibility seems to become clearer. I'm glad to see that others agree with this title's appeal.





The next thing I am excited about is that Harlan Coben comes out with a new title, Stay Close, this month. Coben is one of my favorite authors. I particularly like his Myron Bolitar series but all of his stand alones are good reads. This one is no different. It has received starred reviews in Publishers Weekly and Booklist. Raves about it call it a "masterful stand- alone"; and that " Coben writes with wit and irony, and his flair for exposing the frail balance point between order and chaos in our lives has never been stronger than in this suspenseful outing.” and that he " excels in descriptions of his characters’ tortured, ruminative inner lives." How can anyone not be drooling for the arrival of this title on March 20th. There are already reserves on this title but I have ordered multiple titles so get your name on the list. Coben has his fans in Columbus even though he is a Jersey boy and most of his novels take place in New Jersey. I love the fact that in all of his titles, you get to know the characters, the suspense is tremendous but he writes with humor so you'll experience some laughs too. Stay Close follows 3 individuals whose lives were affected by the disappearance of a local man 17 years before. When someone else disappears on the exact same day, things start happening. In many ways, this is an investigation of the eternal question "what if..." - what if I had done this instead of that; what if we had gone here instead of there. I'm really looking forward to this one and if you haven't become a Coben fan yet, try this one and see what you have been missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment