Best Sellers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Try to Catch "Catch Me"

I have been out of town for about a week. While at a conference, I read the advance reader's copy of Catch Me by Lisa Gardner. I have to be in a certain mood to read Gardner because she tends to be fairly gritty. The summary of this book made me think it might be grittier than usual and it was but I picked it up and could not put it down again. The main character, Charlie Grant, a 28 year old police dispatcher, believes she will be killed on Jan 21st. She convinces D.D. Warren, one of Gardner's returning characters, that she just might be right. This book deals with child abuse in a major way and that is one of the reasons I was unsure about reading it but once I read the first few pages, I was hooked for good. The characters remain in your head days after you put it down. It is the type of book where you continue wanting to read it after you are done, you want to know what happens next. I highly recommend this book that will be out on Feb 7, 2012. The library has lots of copies so reserve it now. I'm hoping that we will see Charlie Grant in a future book by Gardner.

No comments:

Post a Comment